What is internet marketing? Internet marketing comes in many forms and should be used differently based on each brand’s unique goals.
- Social Media
- Content and Blogging
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Advertising
- Email Campaigns and Newsletters
- Strategy: capturing potential customers that will actually buy, knowing your visitors, and tracking statistics
- Overall web presence and online reputation management (Yelp, Bing, Google, etc.)
If you own a business, it is likely that you fall into one of these three categories:
“I need an online presence.” Period. That’s where it ends. This is the bare necessity for every single business. For newer businesses and smaller budgets that just want their business to have the solid groundwork laid, this is the perfect place to start. It puts you in the position where you can be earning some credibility with different search engines as well as allows you to be able to build on it as your business grows and as you are ready to start seeing more action come from the site.
“I need an online presence that brings traffic and leads to conversions.” You may have had a website up on the web for 5+ years, and if you have, the credibility is there for various search engines – this is half the problem so from here it’s all how you choose to manage your presence. This is where we’ll potentially re-vamp your website, implement a launch strategy, and monthly internet marketing strategy that will include a mash up of the above services based upon what it is that you want from your website.
“I have an online presence and want to increase or start receiving referrals from the web” You may already have a stellar website and/or have had website up for 5+ years that you’ve been somewhat active in and now you need to start seeing more referrals from it. This is where we take a pulse on your website, how it’s performing, and how we can improve it as well as implement a monthly internet marketing strategy that will include a mash up of the above services based upon what it is that you want from your website.
A solid website and and internet marketing strategy go hand in hand. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Do your competitors have a better web presence than you? Research what similar brands are up to and stay ahead. Know your client and how to reach them.
- Consistency is key
- Create your internet marketing strategy around your overall business and brand goals
- Content is king (read: quality content that potential clients will actually stop to read)
- Patience! Credibility isn’t earned over a brief period of time. An internet marketing strategy WILL work – but just like any other type of marketing, there is a trial and error period.
The internet is a powerful tool and it should be at the tip top of everyone’s referral source list. Invest in your business with a stellar website and internet marketing strategy. Call Caitlin at 407-488-2990 for a free consultation, you can also visit us at thesocialbeellc.com.